What is Vision Therapy?
- Corrects problems that glasses cannot
- a type of physical therapy for the eyes and brain
- highly effective non-surgical treatment for many common visual problems such as lazy eye, crossed eyes, double vision, convergence insufficiency and some reading and learning disabilities
- a progressive program of vision "exercises" or procedures
- individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient
How can vision therapy help children?
- develop visual motor and visual processing skills (learning derives through visual system)
- improve reading, focusing, and tracking abilities
- provide exercises that help eyes work together and much more!
Here is a real example of a child's writing before and after Vision Therapy.